Winter Begins Early
The two pictures you see to the left are not verbatim forecasts, just an example from the models how this cold pattern is expected to last. The blue lines represent "Cold" air. The deeper into the blue you are, the deeper the cold. If you notice much of the nation into through next week (16, and 21st shown here) are dominated with blue or cold air. This is something to get used to this winter: cold.
Back to the current week: For us the cold will come in waves. The first begins Thu, the second Fri with some light snow (up to 1" at most ... but first snow). The next comes around the 19th for us. Until Thursday .... enjoy the mild temps. It will be quite nice, esp. Veterans day.
To all our Veterans ... THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!
High: Low: Weather Details
Monday: 58 37 Mostly sunny, milder
Tuesday 63 44 Sun and clouds. Milder again. SW winds pick up.
Wednesday 55 28 Breezy. Possible stray shower. Partly sunny.
Thursday 45 31 Colder. Breezy. Sun with increasing clouds. Light
snow after midnight.
Friday 38 25 Light snow ending. Mostly cloudy with afternoon
Saturday 39 22 Cold with mostly sunny skies.
Sunday 40 27 Sunny and cold for mid-November.
1. Pleasant weather Mon-Wednesday.
2. Turning much colder as arctic invasion of the US hits us Thursday and lasts for the foreseeable future. Welcome to the winter pattern. It is starting early this year.
3. Upper level wave associated with secondary arctic front likely to create some light snow for our area Thu night-Fri. Not a big storm but the first snow is always a big deal. 1” or less.
4. Fri - Sat cold, windy with clouds and sun.
5. Sun – Tue is a time period to be wary of. There could be a system moving out of the Southern Plains/Gulf of Mexico region. This could give us our first winter storm of snow/ice/rain. The potential is there, but it is just as likely to be pushed out to sea due to the strength of the cold air.
Leave a Reply.
Pastor Terry. He received his bachelors degree in Meteorology from the State University of New York at Oneonta, in 1994. The education continued as a hobby by reading the blogs of some of the best forecasters in the business. Although forceasting the weather is an imperfect science, it is a pleasure to follow what the Creator has made.