On a bright note we did get some bonus sunshine yesterday and today, but the showers arrived right as expected. So not going to complain. Forecast is working out pretty well. Plus, I mowed the lawn before the rain started, so that is a bonus.
I continue to hear some talk of heat coming next weekend. And that we will need the AC. Well, I don’t buy it. Too quick on the draw I say. Perhaps the last weekend in May (28-29) and that is questionable, but certainly not the 21-22. Sorry I just don’t see it. In fact we may use some heat next weekend to knock off the dampness.
What do I see coming next week? I see a trough trying to establish itself out west, and a ridge trying to build in the east. But to get there, some wet weather will be occurring. But be encouraged. Not every day will have rain. About 3 out of the next 7 may have rain. Now that is not too bad is it?
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Blustery: Gusty winds on Sunday with partial sun and building clouds producing a brief shower.
- Frost Threat: Some light frost is possible Mon morning, if the winds die down enough. I would err on the side of caution. No sense in taking chances as temps will drop into the mid 30s.
- Showers Return: Tuesday afternoon - Wed morning.
- 48 hours: 3 pm Wednesday to 3 pm Friday look really nice.
- Weekend Woes: Weak slow moving, soggy storm gets caught under building ridge. This could give us a dreary weekend. It could stay to our south, but I just think it will push far enough north to mess up the weekend. The potential is there for a soaking rain too. More on this mess next week.
Sunday: 52. Partly sunny to mostly cloudy. Chilly. Chance of brief afternoon showers. Gusty wind.
Monday: 62. Mostly sunny. Cool but pleasant.
Tuesday: 63. Partly sunny early. Chance of showers in the afternoon and overnight.
Wednesday: 66. Becoming partly to mostly sunny. Chance of morning showers.
Thursday: 70. Sunny. Very nice. Breezy.
Friday: 74. Sunny, then increasing clouds late. Beautiful.
Saturday/Sunday: 64. Mostly cloudy. Showers are likely.