The pattern is going as expected, and will continue through the end of the month or it stays the same as it has been. Things will be different in that it will not feel like late summer, but more like early fall. Temps will be quite a bit cooler all week. This should not be shocking since we are in the early stages of fall (climatically, meteorologically, and now calendar wise starting Wed).
This means the dry weather continues, for the most part, as big sprawling highs move by to our north giving us beautiful days and great star gazing nights. There will, however, be three chances for rain over the next week. None are really great chances, but the chance is certainly there.
Here are the weather points:
1. Rain: Slight chance overnight tonight. Then again on Mon as the upper level trough moves in. Most of Mon showers will be to our south and west, but that chance is there. Then another chance from Thu – Sat.
2. Thu-Sat Weather System: Big uncertainty. The US models indicate the chance of a westward backing ocean storm (not quite tropical; and weak) that would push moisture into our area. The Canadian, Euro, Ukmet, keep it off shore and away from everyone. At this time, I believe the answer is in between the two. Any areas that get rain will be the immediate coast. We could have more clouds,but should stay dry.
3. Warm Temps: Today is the last day for a while that will be well into the 80s once we get rid of the low clouds.
4. Cooler Air: Front passes tonight, and air turns much cooler Sunday. Temps moderate by mid week. Strong push of very cool air last weekend in September?
5. Winds: Somewhat gusty on Saturday prior to front and Sunday after front as air mass changes. it could be somewhat breezy again late in the week.
6. Tropics: Still need to watch the Fla/South Atlantic Coast. Slow development could occur over the next week. Set up is still good for it. No impact on us at all at this time.
Saturday: 83. Becoming partly to mostly sunny. Warm. Breezier in afternoon.
Sunday: 72. Clearing. Shower possible before sunrise. Breezy at times.
Monday: 68. Partly to mostly sunny. Cool. Chance shower/storm in afternoon.
Tuesday: 72. Sun and clouds. Pleasant.
Wednesday: 76. Mostly sunny. Pleasant.
Thursday: 74. Sun and clouds. NE breeze.
Friday: 72. Mostly cloudy to partly sunny. NE breeze.
Pastor Terry. He received his bachelors degree in Meteorology from the State University of New York at Oneonta, in 1994. The education continued as a hobby by reading the blogs of some of the best forecasters in the business. Although forceasting the weather is an imperfect science, it is a pleasure to follow what the Creator has made.