If, however, they are talking of sustained 50-degree weather or warmer then, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news: not happening yet. It will warm up this week, but even that is relative. After a very chilly couple of weeks, temperatures soaring to the mid and upper 50's, and 60 in some places, it will feel warm. But, our average high is in the low 50's, so 5-8 degrees above average is more typical than it is warm.
What to expect coming up:
- Mon: Sunshine, cool frosty morning, nice cool afternoon.
- Tue: Warm front advances with a few showers. Cool air is stubborn to leave. Chilly.
- Wed: Clouds, some showers. Chilly.
- Thu: Mild. Widespread 55-degreee highs or higher depending on the amount of sunshine. Chance for showers.
- Fri: Rain ending. Mild but turning cooler.
- Sat: Clouds and sun. Cooler.
- Easter: Possible early rain. Colder.
I wish I could say our snow threats are over … but they are not. The open 10-14 days of April look like they will very chilly to cold. Snow is a possibility. But once to the middle of April, I think the pattern shifts and spring arrives, and winter is over … just hang in there for about two to three more weeks.
Until then enjoy.