Yea, me too. Surprise, surprise. It won’t amount too much, but you don t need much to create issues. Like I said never a dull moment.
Now that much of the big dig out is now over from our very memorable storm [forecast was ok on my part. It did stall near Chincoteague Island, so that call with the razor edge of being near the big time thump zone was good, But accumulation call was only 50% of what we got was not.]. But now we must ask do we have more coming? Well some are talking about a threat for the end of the week. Here are my doubts:
- Two moving pieces. One through the Great Lakes and the other along Gulf Coast.
- Timing must be perfect for them to join forces and work together to develop a strong coastal low that moves up the east coast. Tricky set up.
- If it did develop perfectly it would only be about 1/3 of what we just had.
- Flow is very progressive, making timing for phasing too late to allow the storm up the coast. More likely it will be off the coast.
- Threat area is more likely Connecticut River Valley and points east. Boston may get 3-5.” So even in eastern New England it is not a big storm.
- For us? Maybe a snow shower. Just seasonal weather. Little precipitation.
Good News #1: A close miss. Timing is everything with these systems.
Good News #2: A short lived warm up with rain will occur Wed into Thu of next week. Rain likely Wed. Temps may push 50 late Wed after cold front pushes through. After this storm passes, we return to what we have seen the month of January: Seasonal cold with the threat for snow.
Weather Points for Next 7 Days:
- Seasonal Temps: Overall not a cold 7 days, but not a warm bunch of days either. Coldest day Fri. Mildest Today. Most days with be in mid – 30s for highs.
- Little Precipitation: Some snow showers Friday, late Sat and Sun night, but neither will produce anything more than a coating if it actually does snow shower.
- Messy early next week? I am concerned that a frontal boundary may settle itself just to our south late Monday. This is very common. With a large cold High pressure anchoring an arctic air mass to our north, and us being on the edge of it, we may get sleet/freezing rain Mon night/early Tue as well as early Wed. A weak system, which the models are currently losing may come east Mon night/early Tue and give a more serious period of mixed stuff. Main storm arrives Wed. This could also be freezing/sleet at the start.
Upcoming 7 Days:
Tuesday: 40. Mostly cloudy. Milder. Slight chance little light rain, some freezing early.
Wednesday: 37. Mostly cloudy. Increasing sunshine.
Thursday: 32. Sun with increasing clouds.
Friday: 28. Breezy and chilly. Mix of sun and clouds. Snow shower/flurries possible.
Saturday: 34. Partly sunny. Breezy at times.
Sunday: 36. Sun with more clouds in afternoon.
Monday: 40. Mostly cloudy. Colder late. Rain/freezing rain/sleet possible at night.
Tuesday: 34. Mostly cloudy. Chilly. Possible precipitation ending.