We have been wet now for nearly the last 6 weeks (since May 18th I have measured just over 11" of rain). I have measured an average of 2" per week! That is wet! And this weekend is going to continue the trend big time.
In case you were sleeping a very heavy rain storm is coming Sat - Sun. Expect about 2-3" widespread rain for most of the state, with locally higher amounts possible. All the details are as follows:
It has been a warm pattern. It has been a wet pattern. It is turning cooler for a time. But it remains wet.
Stay safe. Full update Sun.
Yes, the heat is going on vacation for a little while. Many times a change in a pattern is ushered in by something big ... well there was lots of severe weather yesterday, signally a change in the atmosphere (it will remain wet though).
Of course, we missed out on the severe weather here. I am sure you are disappointed to not have to cut up downed trees, repair lawns and wait for your power to be restored. That line of storms that developed over our area became a monster wind producer, tree destroyer, and power interrupter. But today will be beautiful! Enjoy it. This will be the best day until probably Mon.
Forecast Points Considered:
1. Weak storm arriving late Thu into Fri. Will Thunderstorms be included? If so, rain amounts will increase.
2. Does it clear out Fri late morning? It looks like it will try, but could easterly flow maintain the cloud cover?
3. Big storm for the weekend. Heavy rain arriving Sat afternoon. How much rain is possible? Minor flooding?
4. Very chilly due to the clouds and rain for Sat. Cool Sunday unless we get into dry slot of storm then sun breaks out, it gets warm and muggy, meaning thunderstorms in the afternoon. Tough forecast.
5. Nice to start the week, do more showers and storms arrive Tue?
Wednesday: 82. Mostly sunny. Pleasant.
Thursday: 79. Increasing clouds. Numerous showers/rain arriving late ending by midnight.
Friday: 79. Skies try to clear. Partly sunny late morning on.
Saturday: 65. Cloudy. Rain arriving and lasting through midnight. Heavy at times.
Sunday: 75. Showers ending. Becoming partly sunny. Shower/storm in afternoon/evening.
Monday: 77. Mostly sunny. Pleasant.
Tuesday: 80. Mostly sunny to start. Showers and storms in the afternoon.
Pastor Terry. He received his bachelors degree in Meteorology from the State University of New York at Oneonta, in 1994. The education continued as a hobby by reading the blogs of some of the best forecasters in the business. Although forceasting the weather is an imperfect science, it is a pleasure to follow what the Creator has made.