In case you were sleeping a very heavy rain storm is coming Sat - Sun. Expect about 2-3" widespread rain for most of the state, with locally higher amounts possible. All the details are as follows:
- Flood watch issued by NWS is in effect through Sat night.
- Rain starts tomorrow morning, and becomes heavy at times in the afternoon and evening.
- Rain should end shortly after midnight if not a little before.
- Flooding is likely in streets, poor drainage areas, and along very small creeks. For larger streams and rivers pay attention to the NWS.
- Temps on Sat will be chilly in the mid 60s.
- Temps will hold steady Sat night.
- Sun will become partly sunny, with a shower possible. It will be relatively nice compared to Sat. High near 73.
It has been a warm pattern. It has been a wet pattern. It is turning cooler for a time. But it remains wet.
Stay safe. Full update Sun.
Of course, we missed out on the severe weather here. I am sure you are disappointed to not have to cut up downed trees, repair lawns and wait for your power to be restored. That line of storms that developed over our area became a monster wind producer, tree destroyer, and power interrupter. But today will be beautiful! Enjoy it. This will be the best day until probably Mon.
Forecast Points Considered:
1. Weak storm arriving late Thu into Fri. Will Thunderstorms be included? If so, rain amounts will increase.
2. Does it clear out Fri late morning? It looks like it will try, but could easterly flow maintain the cloud cover?
3. Big storm for the weekend. Heavy rain arriving Sat afternoon. How much rain is possible? Minor flooding?
4. Very chilly due to the clouds and rain for Sat. Cool Sunday unless we get into dry slot of storm then sun breaks out, it gets warm and muggy, meaning thunderstorms in the afternoon. Tough forecast.
5. Nice to start the week, do more showers and storms arrive Tue?
Wednesday: 82. Mostly sunny. Pleasant.
Thursday: 79. Increasing clouds. Numerous showers/rain arriving late ending by midnight.
Friday: 79. Skies try to clear. Partly sunny late morning on.
Saturday: 65. Cloudy. Rain arriving and lasting through midnight. Heavy at times.
Sunday: 75. Showers ending. Becoming partly sunny. Shower/storm in afternoon/evening.
Monday: 77. Mostly sunny. Pleasant.
Tuesday: 80. Mostly sunny to start. Showers and storms in the afternoon.