Big Cool Down
Well, it is cooler and will remain so at least through Friday. I certainly hope you were not hoping for too much rain with the frontal passage this past Monday/Tuesday, as it came through rather dry. Not surprising, given the pattern. Now we could use some rain. Will we get some? My thoughts are below:
1. Sun and clouds through Friday. Cool and refreshing with gusty breeze esp. Wed/Thu.
2. Warmer more humid conditions over the weekend with temps around 80.
3. Some showers/storms possible late Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon.
4. Weak wave of low pressure may develop to our south, enhancing rain chances Mon – early Tue morning. This is good news. We do need some rain.
5. Much, much cooler Wednesday – Saturday of next week.
Basically, we are in a dry pattern right now. It wants to rain in the central US. But in the east it underperforms based on projections. In fact since the beginning of April nearly each week has underperformed based on expectations. Take this week. It was to be dry, but there was an expectation to get at .25” but even that fell short. Now it looks like the potential is there to get increasingly moist starting next week and into the end of the month … but, these past 3 weeks looked moist also. And we know how that turned out!
There is an unwritten rule in the warm season of the year: “It rains where it wants to rain.” We seem to be on the wrong end of that equation so far. Will it last through the summer? The next 3 weeks may hold the key to that forecast.
Forecast for the next week:
Wed: 62. Clouds and Sun. Cool. Refreshing. Gusty breeze.
Thu: 68. Mostly sunny. Breezy at times. Pleasantly cool.
Fri: 73. Increasing clouds. Showers and storms possible late/overnight esp. north.
Sat/Sun: More humid. Showers/storms possible. Partly sunny. 76-80.
Mon: 74. Mostly cloudy. Showers and storms. Good soaking rain possible.
Tue: 75. Clearing. Chance morning showers. Seasonal. Less humid.
Wed – Sat: Much cooler with below average temperatures.