Since the last part of July we have been in this pattern of dry for a while then a big rain, then dry a while, then a big rain, etc. But things are slowly changing as we head deeper into the fall season. More frequent rains will now be occurring as weather systems grow stronger, as does the push of cold air from Canada. This coming week will start mild, then turn steadily colder as the week progresses. The coldest will be over the weekend. Saturday with blustery conditions and chance for light showers with sun and clouds as temperatures struggle to reach 55, then Sunday with lots of sunshine but temps only in the lower 50s! But it will warm up after that again.
My Weather Points:
- Sunny 70's: Monday temps into the 70's with lots of sunshine.
- Rainfall: Showers possible thunderstorm Tue. Showers will arrive very late Thursday night into the first part of Friday.
- Cold: Temps averaging 60 or lower for highs starting Wed.
- Freeze Coming? It is quite possible that our first freeze will occur Sat night/Sun morning or Sun night/Mon morning. The key Sat night will be whether the winds die down as high pressure moves in from the west. The air will be plenty cold enough, but the winds may keep blowing keeping the temperatures from freezing. The winds will be calm Sun night so set up is better, but some moderation of air mass may be occurring, so temps may not fall off quite as much. Updates midweek on this potential.
- Warm Up: after a chilly weekend coming up on the 17-18th, the winds will turn to the SW and given us several very pleasant days in a row from the 18th – 21st. Temps could run to near 70 until cold front moves through.
Monday: 74. Mostly sunny and warm. Winds SW in afternoon.
Tuesday: 68. Mostly cloudy. Showers, maybe a storm. Some clearing by evening. Colder at night.
Wednesday: 60. Sun and clouds. Cool. Breezy.
Thursday: 62. Mostly sunny. Increasing clouds at night.
Friday: 57. Mostly cloudy. Showers early. Cooler late.
Saturday: 54. Sun and clouds. Blustery. Chance light shower. Freeze possible at night.
Sunday: 53. Mostly sunny. Frosty morning.