What else can you say? Sunny days and crispy frosty nights/mornings. Beautiful!
No ice or snow either. Pretty nice to be honest. But changes are continuing to occur.
First, we will not be that warm relative to average this week. Highs in the mid-40s for the most part through Thursday. This is pretty seasonal. Sat we warm up some, more on Sunday and then surge to 60 by Monday as big storm in the Midwest deepens and brings a soaking rain our way.
This is point number 2: Bigger storms. More often. I originally thought this storminess would start in earnest back in late November, but I was too fast. Now it seems likely to grow stormy by mid-December. With the developing winter pattern setting up by the end of the month (trough east, ridge west with undercutting flow through southern California).
Chilly weather returns after the storm on the 14th, but another storm with more rain appears to follow late in the week.
All things look good for chance for snow to ramp up once after the 20th of the month. So the theme for the next 7
days is seasonal then windy, wet and mild for 48 hours, followed by chilly weather again.
My Weather Points for the Next 7 Days:
1. Seasonal: No heat waves. No cold waves through Friday.
2. Clouds: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu should all feature some clouds, but also at least partial sunshine.
3. Rain: Not much. Slight chance rain shower Tue, Thu but not likely to happen. Flurries also possible at night and early in the day Tue/Thu.
4. Mild Weekend: Yes, a big surge or warmth will start Sat and end on Monday. Temps hitting 60 quite likely Monday prior to cold front passing though. Temps very mild Sun night with temps staying in the 50s.
5. Winds: Tue – Fri will feature some, but not a big deal. Strong winds possible Monday night the 14th after front passes.
6. First 1” of Snow: I still believe we will have to wait until after Dec 20. But the week leading up to Christmas, may prove interesting.
Monday: 47. Partly sunny.
Tuesday: 45. Partly cloudy.
Wednesday: 47. Partly cloudy.
Thursday: 50. Partly to mostly cloudy.
Friday: 52. Mix of sun and clouds.
Saturday: 53. Mix of sun and clouds.
Sunday: 56. Becoming mostly cloudy. Drizzle and mild temps overnight.
Monday: 63. Cloudy. Rain. Possibly heavy. Warm.
Pastor Terry. He received his bachelors degree in Meteorology from the State University of New York at Oneonta, in 1994. The education continued as a hobby by reading the blogs of some of the best forecasters in the business. Although forceasting the weather is an imperfect science, it is a pleasure to follow what the Creator has made.