Good Sunday Afternoon. And it is a beautiful day at that. Believe it or not, this weather is close to average for this time of year. In fact, our average should be near 56/57. Warm weather is coming.
We’ve had one of our three major rainstorms last Friday, and number 2 starts Monday night and lasts through Tue. A one day break occurs Wed before another significant rainstorm impacts us on Thursday and Friday then a nicer stretch begins by Sunday and lasts into the following Tuesday.
The warmest day looks to be Tuesday as a warm front moves north of our area. If it does become partly sunny our temperatures could soar above 70. But if it does not clear out we will stay closer to 60. So a tough call at this point. The other day that could see temperatures spike is Thu. But it is looking unlikely at this time for us to break into warm sector.
The other issue we must think about is flooding. With a saturated ground and higher stream flows, there is potential for some localized flooding Tue and perhaps somewhat more widespread on Thu. But that all depends on how much heavy rain we receive. It is something to think about and to be aware of as we go through the week.
This active pattern will continue for at least this week and into next. It will be on the mild side, mostly due to mild to warm nights, and quite wet.
- Monday: Clouds thickening. Chance for rain to arrive late, but most likely after dark. A rumble of thunder is possible as is some heavy rain. Temperatures will drop early to near 50 then rise by morning to near 60.
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, rain ending. Then partial sunshine, warm with showers and storms redeveloping. Breezy.
- Wednesday: Breezy with at least partial sunshine. Pleasant.
- Thursday: Rain, heavy at times, likely. Thunderstorms also possible.
- Friday: Cloudy. Showers likely. Breezy. Cool.
- Saturday: Becoming partly sunny. Chance of a light shower. Breezy. Cool.
- Sunday: Sun and clouds. Pleasant seasonal spring weather.