General idea: The track of the storm seems to be to coastal NC then painfully slow meandering from SC to VA. Where exactly it meanders is very uncertain. So, we shall not guess because no one knows what to guess.
What is known is that a frontal system then approaches on about Tue of next week and that trough will likely pull Florence or what remains of her, northward. This would bring us “remnant rains”. Just for reference, the rains we got Sat-Mon was from remnant rains of Tropical Storm Gordon. So, we could still get quite a lot of rain out of the remnants of Florence early next week. But that is about a week away ... (for residents in NC/SC/VA it is about 2 days away. Pray the residents are wise and head away from coastline. It will be bad on the coast, and it will last for some time, as this storm will be moving slow).
Until then this is what to expect the rest of this week:
- Wednesday: lots of clouds. Some breaks at times. Showers likely. Some heavy rain is also possible.
- Thursday: Some sun, but clouds still prevail. Showers are likely.
- Friday: Lots of clouds yet. A peek or two of sunshine. Turning breezy. Showers are also possible.
- Saturday: At least partly sunny. Passing shower, but mostly dry. Breezy at times.
- Sunday: Partly to mostly sunny. I think the high keeps the clouds thin, and the sun prevails for the most part as Florence stays south.
- Monday: Partly to mostly sunny.
- Tuesday: Increasing/thickening clouds. Rain arrives?
Note: It will be humid throughout the forecast.