- Sunday: Lots of wind, lots of sun, some flurries
- Monday: Little wind, little sun, some rain.
- Tuesday: More wind, more sun, dry.
- Thursday: less wind, more clouds, lots of rain.
- Friday: Lots of wind, less rain.
Overview of Pattern:
The trough is taking up residence in the eastern US this week. A large and potentially powerful blocking High pressure will develop near Greenland. This is called a –NAO. This tends to keep us chilly to cold, esp. during the late winter and first half of spring. This looks to take hold this week, and to an extent into next week, although the coldest air will be Fri/Sat and moderating after that.
Once past this week, the pattern should relax and a trough develops more out west, with a ridge like pattern in the east. We will still get shots of chilly air, due to the –NAO, but the warmth will outduel the chill as we head into the middle and end of the month. Spring 2016 will be a warm one overall.
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Showers: temps in the low 50s today with showers.
- Northern Snow: Snowing decently to our north in the zone (Buffalo/Erie to Nashua/Providence) I outlined late last week. But nothing coming here!!!!
- Cold Tue/Tue Night: Highs in low 40’s Tue followed by mid-20s overnight into Wed morning.
- Milder: Warming Wed, Thu with temps in the 50s
- Wet and Stormy: Some heavy rain Thu into Thu evening. Big slow moving storm will help pull down some really cold air for Friday. Flurries possible in the air Fri. Snowstorm in NY, and Northern New England?
- Cold: Fri and Sat. This will threaten the Deep South with frost/freeze.
Monday: 52. Cloudy. A period of rain developing.
Tuesday: 43. Sunshine. Cold. Overnight freeze quite likely.
Wednesday: 54. Sunny to start. Increasing clouds in afternoon. Milder.
Thursday: 58. Mostly cloudy. Rain. Heavy at times into the evening.
Friday: 40. Cloudy. Windy. Cold. Chance for rain showers. Flurries possible.
Saturday: 39. Sun and clouds. Cold. Gusty wind at times.
Sunday: 48. Sun and clouds. Milder.