You win some ... you lose some. It’s a 50-50 proposition.
Yes, some things came together as expected, and others are not. What do I mean? Well, the storm will develop and will be closer to coast than was forecast a few days ago, as expected, however, not all is fine and dandy.
What I mean is this:
- Within cutoff low are two strong areas of energy. One near Buffalo, and the other near St Louis.
- Earlier in the week the GFS focused on the further east energy and pushed storm out to sea on a much faster pace than the EURO, which focused on the western energy and produced a slower, larger storm staying close to the coast.
- The eastern and western energies are both strong. This results in an elongated, egg shaped upper low orientation that gives us two storms.
- One weaker front running system for Sat that pulls the deeper moisture further east giving the second storm less moisture to work with initially.
- The second storm will develop Sunday but with much less initial moisture. So by the time it moistens up, it is moving from our region.
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Cold: Yea, it’s still March. Cold air will last through Monday.
- Light snow: Some light, very wet snow may fall between 3 pm – 10 pm Sun. The ground could turn white in the valleys with maybe up to 1 or 2” in higher elevations. This is a low confidence forecast as a slight change in upper levels of Atmosphere would lead to big differences at the surface. I like what I have, but things could change and change fast.
- Warming Trend: This starts Tue.
- 70 here we come: Temps running to 70 degrees Thu and probably Fri.
- Showers/Storms: No severe weather here, but could be some in Midwest. We should see a decent rain, but front will weaken as it comes east, so not expecting a lot.
Sunday: 38. Cloudy. Light snow/rain developing later in day. Light snow in evening.
Monday: 45. Clearing. Sun and clouds. Breezy.
Tuesday: 53. Mostly sunshine. Clouds at times. Seasonal temps.
Wednesday: 65. Partly to mostly sunny. Mild.
Thursday: 70. Mostly sunny. Beautiful. Warm.
Friday: 72. Increasing clouds. Warm. Breezy. Showers/thunderstorms developing.
Saturday: 61. Sun and clouds. Still mild.
Easter Sunday: 57. Sun and clouds.