It could be. But God only knows that for certain. I only try to make educated guesses as to what appears to be happening in the coming days ahead. And what I see is not pretty going into this weekend. After that? Better. Not great. But not bad either.
Forecast is actually in good shape. I like what I have out already, except for Fri Night – Sunday. What looked to be strung out energy in the upper atmosphere moving through Fri night and Saturday a few days ago, is now looking much more ominous. I first noticed this late Monday, and now this being Wed, it can no longer be ignored. Plus this will help slow the surge of coldest air by 24 hours.
This energy, will pass just to our south. This puts us in a favorable set up for precipitation. Unfortunately it may be in the form of snow. There is likely to be snow in the air. And some white on the grassy surfaces. But beyond that I am skeptical as temps will be around freezing, but ground temps warmer than that.
Again, this is not a done deal, but since we are about 2 days away, I can no longer ignore it.
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Wet and Stormy: Some heavy rain today through 2 pm then showers into the overnight. About 1” of rain.
- Cooler: Friday with gusty winds and possible shower/flurry.
- Cold: Sat. Upper level system will organize a low in our area, bringing chance for snow/rain late Friday night into Saturday. Highs Sat will be in the 30's.
- Warming: A significant warm up begins Monday into Tue.
- Rain: Soaking rain possible again Tue with chilly, not cold, air after frontal passage or Wed.
Thursday: 58. Mostly cloudy. Rain. Heavy at times ending by 2 pm. Showers redeveloping in the evening and lasting into the overnight.
Friday: 46. Mostly cloudy to partly sunny. Gusty wind at times. Colder. Sprinkle/flurry possible.
Saturday: 36. Mostly cloudy. Light rain/snow ending after noon. Gusty NW winds late.
Sunday: 39. Sun and clouds. Cold. Overnight lows near 20 unless clouds increase more quickly.
Monday: 52 very late in the day or overnight. Partly sunny to mostly cloudy. Chance of a shower as warm front
moves through. Breezy.
Tuesday: 63. Mostly cloudy. Some rain likely.
Wednesday: 50. Decreasing clouds. Cooler