The pattern continues to evolve toward the general idea of a western trough and eastern ridge. The ridge will really take control starting early next week. There is still the chance for showers on Mon – Wed, but there will be some sunshine also with temps into the 70s to near 80 by Wed. After that, some early summer heat Thu – Mon. Temps look to rise into the mid and upper 80s. It will become more humid too. Not quite the dog days of summer, though.
There will be daily chances for a shower/storm in the afternoon and evening from Thu – Mon. The best chance being Sat and Sun with a dying front trying to drop out of Canada.
Into the first week of June the ridge will relax some and allow some cooling, but nothing as cool as we have had most of the month so far.
The summer pattern is beginning, and I believe will lead to a warmer and drier than average summer over-all. More on this after Memorial Day.
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Rain: A washout Saturday. Rain arrives early, and ends late. Around 1” on average.
- Cool: Very chilly Saturday with temps struggling to get above 55.
- Showers: Sun and clouds along with showers are likely Sunday afternoon.
- Warming: Mon – Wed. Sun and clouds with chances for showers and thunderstorms all three days. It will not rain every day, but the chance is there.
- Early Season Heat: Thu – Memorial Day. Lots of sunshine over-all. Chance thunderstorm Sat-Mon. Temps 83 – 88 on average.
Friday: 74. Sunny. Beautiful.
Saturday: 55. Rain. Chilly.
Sunday: 66. Partly sunny. Afternoon showers likely. Breezy.
Monday: 72. Partly sunny. Chance for a shower.
Tuesday: 75. Partly sunny. Chance for a shower.
Wednesday: 80. Sun and clouds. Chance of a shower/thunderstorm. Warm.
Thursday: 84. Mostly sunny. Warm. Slight chance afternoon/eve shower/storm.
Friday: 87. Mostly sunny. Very warm. Slight chance afternoon/eve shower/storm.