1. Heat: Temps near 90 Wed – Thu then drop to around 80 for Sat, then back to near 90 for Mon – Thu.
2. Cool Change Coming? Back door cool front coming from our NE will pass to our SW and bring cooler air for Fri and Sat. However, it will be short lived.
3. Rain: Best chance for rain is Thu and Fri with the back door front. After that dry until next Thu with passage of cold front that ends this heat stretch.
4. Dry Ground: The last widespread rain was 2 weeks ago, and spotty rain was 10 days ago. So the ground is definitely getting dry. If it does not rain Thu/Fri we will go 2 ½ to 3 weeks without rain. Dry ground will aid in warmer temps as we go forward here.
5. Summer Forecast Evaluation: Back in early May I forecasted a warm and drier than average summer. Well, the warmer was spot on. It was not a hot one, just warm. For the state it was about .5 to 1.5 degrees above average for the summer. Again warm. Was it dry? No. Overall it was wet. In fact very wet for the first half. But since mid-July is has been drier. So the drier idea did have some merit. But statistically not even close. So my grade: B minus. [A+ for temps and D for precipitation]
Wednesday: 89. Mostly sunny. Hot. Humid.
Thursday: 90. Mostly sunny. Hot. Humid. Chance shower/storm.
Friday: 83. Partly to mostly sunny. Chance shower/storm through early afternoon.
Saturday: 80. Mostly sunny.
Sunday: 86. Mostly sunny.
Monday: 88. Mostly sunny. Hot. More humid.
Tuesday: 90. Mostly sunny. Hot. Humid.
Wednesday: 90. Mostly sunny. Hot. Humid.
Thursday: 88. Partly to mostly sunny. Showers/storms likely.