Most of us love Fridays, because it’s the end of the week and the weekend is nearly upon us. But will the weather cooperate and be nice? Answer: Yes. And no.
Yes: It will be much warmer this weekend. Saturday with enough sunshine temperatures may break into the mid and upper 60's. The key is the amount of sun to help the air to mix and warm up more effectively.
No: Sunday will be cooler, possibly much cooler, and definitely wetter.
So, not a bad weekend. Not fantastic. But at least a lot more like spring.
The pattern is lifting out of it extended cold cycle and entering a milder/warm cycle. This should last through the end of the month. A nice rain late Sun into early Monday is followed by mild/warm weather Mon afternoon and Tue. More rain arrives late Tue/Wed.
Behind that rain system is some seasonally cool air. Nothing winter-like though. If you are still looking for winter weather than head north. New England and northern NY State will have some winter cold with snow and ice during the next week. But for us? Mild to warm with some rain. Typical spring weather for central PA.
- Friday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of a few light showers. Most of activity is to our west and north. Chilly unless the sun breaks out late. But I doubt it will. The early rain will put a lid on how high temps will go today: mid-40s by late afternoon.
- Saturday: Partly sunny. Warmer. Temperatures into the 60s.
- Sunday: Toughest day to forecast. Cloudy. Periods of rain in afternoon. Cooler. But how much cooler? Backdoor cold front will be sinking out of the N-NE into our area, but how far south? If it moves to the PA-MD border, Sunday will turn very chilly with afternoon temperatures around 40, but if it stalls over us, the temperatures could stay around 50 or higher. Tough call. I suspect the front will not get too far south, but keep in mind some very chilly air will about 50 miles away at the most. So Sunday's temperature forecast could change quite a bit.
- Monday: Rain ending. Partial clearing. Mild with 60 degrees possible.
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with some partial sun early. Chance for rain showers late and overnight.
- Wednesday: Showers. Somewhat mild.
- Thursday: Sun and clouds. Cooler.