Storm Wrap-up: (do not have power at this time ... generators are really nice to have)
All in all … not great … but certainly not as horrible for us as it could have been:
1. Rain: due to more southerly track … got less rain. That was good as 3-4” is still more than enough.
2. Wind: This was bad as PPL having 400,000 customers without power says enough, although Schuylkill County fared better than during Hurricane Irene.
But since the weather does not rest … here is the updated forecast:
Rest of today: rain mainly light … cold and raw with a nasty gusty breeze at times … temps in the mid 40s.
Tonight: Off and on rain, possibly mixing with snow at times late … temps dropping into the upper 30s … winds diminishing even more
Wednesday: Cloudy … showers around … still raw with temps into the upper 40s to near 50
Wednesday Night: a few showers … but mainly dry … cool with lows near 40.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy, but some sun is possible … should be dry though! Temps rising into the low 50s …
1. Friday – Monday: Expect seasonal weather with a lot more sunshine …
2. Beginning early next week … more stormy weather and some rain …
3. No really big warm-ups in sight … but no snowstorms either
Pastor Terry. He received his bachelors degree in Meteorology from the State University of New York at Oneonta, in 1994. The education continued as a hobby by reading the blogs of some of the best forecasters in the business. Although forceasting the weather is an imperfect science, it is a pleasure to follow what the Creator has made.