Fri/Sat: Chance for some very late night/early morning showers, but clearing and seasonally cool for Sat as previously forecast.
Sun: More sunshine. Much warmer temperatures as storm stays north of us. Temperatures could soar into the low 80's with a nice breezy, however, keep an eye to the sky as heavy showers and strong to severe thunderstorms appear likely later in the day. More wet weather Mon/Tue.
The sunshine makes an appearance!
I was away for Memorial Day. Spent it with family. Had a great time. It was relaxing and peaceful for the most part. It was also beautiful!
We enjoyed mid 70 degree temperatures, a nice breeze, under partly cloudy skies. Perfect weather for a picnic and being outside. Then we returned home late Monday, and it was beautiful as we headed east until Harrisburg. Then the clouds thickened, and the temperatures dropped. It was 61 at our house when we arrived. The curse of the maritime air coming in off the ocean this time of year can ruin many forecasts. My expectation of showers/thunder with sun and clouds with temps in the mid 70’s was perfect west of the Susquehanna … but east? It bombed badly.
But the sun has made an appearance today, and will continue to do so, with chance for showers and a strong thunderstorm (gusty winds, small hail) tossed in later this afternoon/evening. More sun Thu and Fri. There could be some Sat too, but the winds may turn in off the ocean again making for more clouds than one might expect at this point.
Wet weather returns Sun and Mon. Could be some heavy rain too. Then fair weather for Tue and Wed of next week. It will remain relatively cool. I say that because the days have been very cool, but the nights have been mild when compared to long term averages.
The story is this: the pattern of cooler than average weather should continue to about the middle of June. It should also be moist to wet. If you are a hot weather lover and are looking for a least a day with temperatures getting above 80 … don’t hold your breath: We may try for 80 Fri ahead of a cold front, (doubt it) and then later next week might pose another chance.
- Wednesday: Sun and clouds. Scattered showers and a strong thunderstorm likely later in day.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny. Seasonally cool.
- Friday: Mostly sunny. Warmer. Chance for showers and thunderstorms late as cool front drops south. Breezy.
- Saturday: At least partly sunny. Winds back out of the east/northeast which could bring more clouds in. Showers/storm possible overnight as warm front approaches from the west.
- Sunday: Cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cool as slow-moving storm moves through.
- Monday: Cloudy. Showers ending. Cool as storm crawls away to our east.
- Tuesday: Sun and clouds. Seasonally cool. Breezy at times. Caveat: if storm forms in SE US, our trough/storm may linger longer and even try to pull this new storm up along the coast giving us more wet, cool weather Tue/Wed. Right now I say it moves to our east, but the way the pattern has been I am not confident at all at this point to ignore the possibility.