We’ve endured another big rain storm. 13” and counting over the last 6 weeks. 2” per week on average. That is a lot of rain. A very wet pattern indeed. This past storm was almost the opposite of what Bill brought us with respect to what others got. The maps below show the rain from yesterday’s storm and from Bill last weekend. (Last weekend is on top, yesterdays is below) This weekend we were in one of the “lighter” hit areas, while last weekend we were in the heavier. It all balances out I suppose.
For this next week this wet pattern will continue. Although the rain will not be as widespread, it could be heavy in any storms that we do get. It will not be a hot week either. Just seasonal and pleasant overall.
1. Will left over clouds from overnight Midwest storms make Tue mostly cloudy and cooler than currently expected?
2. Will storms fire overnight Tue into Wed bringing heavy rain? Or will it just be partly cloudy?
3. Will there be a left over shower on Thu? Or will be dry all day?
4. Weather system to impact our area will it come in on Fri or Sat? Timing is difficult due to smaller size of system. Will it have a negative impact on outdoor 4th of July celebrations?
5. Will our hottest day of the year come early next week?
6. Nice weather Mon, Thu, Sun.
Monday: 77. Mostly sunny. Pleasant.
Tuesday: 82. Partly to mostly sunny. Scattered showers/storms late in the day/night.
Wednesday: 82. Sun and clouds. Scattered showers and storms
Thursday: 82. Mostly sunny.
Friday: 82. Sunny. Beautiful day. Some clouds late and at night.
Saturday: 84. Clouds and sunshine. More humid. Scattered showers/storms.
Sunday: 84. Mostly sunny. Slight chance of a shower.
Mon – Wed: Mid-upper 80s. Sunny Mon – Tue. Warm and humid by Wed. Showers/storms Wed.
Pastor Terry. He received his bachelors degree in Meteorology from the State University of New York at Oneonta, in 1994. The education continued as a hobby by reading the blogs of some of the best forecasters in the business. Although forceasting the weather is an imperfect science, it is a pleasure to follow what the Creator has made.