Changes are made below ...
What I mean is that today will feature more clouds, chance of a shower/storm (see projected radar for 5 pm this evening to the right), but then the sun returns Wed and then a greater chance of shower/storms return on Thu before more sun Fri and Sat. So nice weather will continue, but there is the much needed chances for rain as well.
What is happening right now is strong blocking pattern has developed over Greenland resulting in the locking in of cool air in eastern and central Canada. This will be clashing with some early summer-like heat to the south. The clash between the two results in lots of rain for a large portion of the US. We appear to be near the northern edge of this moisture over the next 10-14 days.
The same idea continues where troughs weaken as they move through, although not as weak as they had been, but still the same idea continues. The blocking pattern is potentially going to bring us more rain through the first portion of May. I think over-all May will be wet due to this clash, however, the early part of the month is likely to be wetter than the latter part. Much like March and April. Again, similarities, not exactly the same, just similar.
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Showers: Chance for showers/thunderstorm this afternoon. See above forecast radar for 5 pm today.
- Cooler: Clearing tonight, then sunshine Wed with a breeze at times. Weather will stay cooler through the early part of next week. No more 75+ days until at least the middle of next week but probably even beyond that.
- Showers: Very good signal for a decent rain comes Thursday.
- Temps a Challenge: Highs for Thu are really tough to call. This system is moving faster than I thought late last week, but that is not a big deal, except with cooler/drier air in place Wed night and if rain comes in early Thu, the chilly air will get locked in. Meaning highs in the 40s. But if rain comes 6 hours later, temps rebound well into the 50s to near 60.
- Sun Returns: Partly sunny Fri then lots of sun on Saturday.
- Showers: Even stronger signal for rain late Sunday through Monday. A soaking rain?
Tuesday: 74. Partly sunny (at times) to mostly cloudy. Showers likely. Chance thunderstorm.
Wednesday: 66. Mostly sunny. Pleasant. UPDATE: 53. Mostly cloudy. Chilly.
Thursday: 54. Cloudy. Showers likely. Cool.
Friday: 54. Mostly cloudy. Chilly. A few showers.
Saturday: 65. Sunshine. Pleasant.
Sunday: 66. Increasing clouds. Showers/rain late.
Monday: 58. Cloudy. Showers/rain likely.