It’s been cold, but it is warming, and it will continue to warm into the weekend. In fact it will get downright warm on Saturday, albeit it will rain quite a bit.
First things first: Light snow Friday morning, possibly ending as a little freezing rain, but don’t expect much. This will make for a messy commute. I am expecting a little either side of 1”at this time. This will end by mid morning.
Saturday: Cloudy, some rain/drizzle and low clouds around before sunrise, then cloudy, and damp but temps will be warming steadily throughout the day. They will peak after the sun sets. Highs should reach the upper 50s around midnight! Heavy rain will arrive in the afternoon with this system and will end after around 10 pm. This rain will cause some issues for localized, small stream and even minor ice jam flooding.
Sunday: A very nice, but blustery day. Highs will reach near 50 early on, but then grow colder Sunday night.
Next week: Mild Monday into the 40s, to near 50. Tuesday: still mild, but growing colder with rain arriving (snow in the mountains to our west), much colder after this system with another storm to watch towards the weekend. This last one could be quite wintery, but at the minimum it will usher in some very cold air once again.
Weather for this week will be very changeable.
- Warm air surging north for Sunday and Sunday night, but cold air trapped at the surface will be slow to leave. There will be some rain/freezing rain but not a lot. Temps will rise slowly Sunday and Sunday night to a degree either side of 40.
- Strong arctic front to come through sunrise Monday morning. Some rain, then some snow with it. Becoming very windy on Monday with falling temps.
- Bitter air from the tundras of Canada will freeze us Mon afternoon - Wed morning.
- Warming will occur into next weekend as the cold takes a break. Some snow for Thu night/Fri time period, now sure how much at this point, but expect at least some light accumulation (1-2"). Then expect some cold rain to arrive late in the weekend. Temps should warm to around 40 next weekend.
- Milder weather into the following week (of the 12th), but cold air rebuilding and moving south toward the US will make the mild stretch too short for most.
Sunday: Cloudy with some light freezing rain possible, but not until very late morning or early afternoon. Then changing to light rain. Very miserable. High: 35 (late) Low: 41(rising temps until morning)
Monday: period of rain changing to snow (maybe an 1") then much colder, windy. Temps falling. High: 41 Low: -5
Tuesday: Sun and clouds. Windy.Bitter cold. Dangerous windchill in the morning. High: 7. low: -2
Wednesday: Sunny with a few clouds. Breezy. Still cold, but not so bitter. High: 20. Low: 10.
Thursday: Mostly sunny with clouds increasing. Not as cold. High: 30. low: 25. Some snow arriving at night.
Friday: Cloudy with some snow in the morning. Becoming partly sunny. High: 39. Low: 25
Saturday: Sun and clouds. Seasonal. High: 36. Low: 22.
Sunday: Thickening clouds. Milder. Some rain arriving late. High: 39 Low: 34.