Resuming Under New Format
This page will be updated on Saturdays and give a heads up for the nest two weeks worth of weather. It will have slightly more detail for the first week, and then a more general picture for the second. This is not a backyard forecast page. It will only give the general idea, about daytime temps, precipitation, and sunshine. Enjoy it by reading about it but even better get outside and praise God for the day ... for this is the day the LORD has made!
Weather through April 20 …
1. A cold front will try and drop south across our area Sunday evening, with another dropping toward us Monday night. These fronts will be the difference between very warm and chilly air.
2. A major storm will bring a heavy snowstorm to the Rockies and high plains and run for the Great Lakes. This system will try to push very warm air into our area. This storm will bring some heavy rain to our area at the end of the week.
3. More spring like weather should try to build again the following week but more bouts of rain will be coming as well. The core of the chilly air will stay west of the Mississippi River.
4. We will be again be near the battle between very cold to the north and strong spring warmth to our south.
1. Sunday’s front will try to keep the warmth to our south, but still Monday will be nice and mild with temps pushing 70 with enough sunshine.
3. Tue –Thu temps ought to be into the 70s and even near 80 (esp. Tue) but a weak front will be very close to our area. If that front drops another 100 miles though our area, drop the temps by 20 degrees. Wed is the most likely day for this to occur.
4. Fri temps are again warm, but with the front coming through it may only get in the 60s. If the front is late highs again surge into the 70s,.
5. Cooler with temps in the 50s over the weekend, and then trying to warm up again for early next week as warmth builds to our south, but very chilly air lurks to our north in snow covered Canada. So temps could swing a bit from warm to cold.
1. Expect some showers Mon. Dry Tue-Thu
2. The cold front comes through Fri with heavy rain, possibly thunderstorms (severe weather outbreak well to our south).
3. Dry and windy Sat into Sun but active pattern continues with more rain chances arriving Mon – Tue and again Thu-Sat (3/20).
Leave a Reply.
Pastor Terry. He received his bachelors degree in Meteorology from the State University of New York at Oneonta, in 1994. The education continued as a hobby by reading the blogs of some of the best forecasters in the business. Although forceasting the weather is an imperfect science, it is a pleasure to follow what the Creator has made.