- Are we aware of the actual long term average high temperature for the middle of July? (mid to upper 80s depending on location!)
- Are we aware of the actual record high temperatures for our area in the middle of July? (100+ every day. Wonder what the heat index was for those days? And to think some occurred before the invention of A/C too!)
Yes, it will be hot. But temps around 90 and very humid conditions is pretty common and normal for summer. Yes, you may want to stand under a water fall, but this heat is not extreme. The sensationalism is out of hand. The weather is not extreme every day. It is time to take a deep breath and focus on reality: It is summer. We will experience summer weather in the weeks ahead. It is not unusual, extreme or dangerous. It is called summer. And the coming seven days will be classic.
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Humid: Wed and Thu. This will provide a chance for some showers and thunderstorms with locally heavy downpours. Not everyone will get wet though.
- Summertime Hot: Thu and Fri. Temps into the low 90s.
- Split Decision Weekend: Saturday possibly some wetness, then Sunday dry.
- Unsettled: Mon – Wed. Chances for showers and thunderstorms as heatwave to our west is held back from expanding east into our area.
Today: 85. Mostly cloudy to partly sunny. Humid. Chance for showers/storms.
Thursday: 91. Mostly sunny. Hot. Humid. Chance for showers/storms in afternoon/evening.
Friday: 91. Sun and clouds. Hot. Humid. Slight chance for shower/storm.
Saturday: 84. Sun and clouds. Chance for showers and thunderstorms esp. south and east.
Sunday: 87. Mostly sunny. Less humid.
Monday: 88. Sun and clouds. Chance of late day and night showers/thunderstorms.
Tuesday: 84. Partly sunny. Humid. Chance for showers/thunderstorms.