Up to 18” snow was reported in part of Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin. And Michigan got more than expected with amounts nearing 12.” A pretty impressive storm for the middle of November. So winter is coming in case you forgot.
No snow for us though. So no need to worry. Yet.
Thanksgiving week will be quite uneventful for our region. That is until next weekend. A moderating trend in temps will occur as the cold of Sun/Mon leaves, and the cold reloads out west. Another snowstorm will hit the upper plains states with some pretty cold temps as well. As the tough deepens out west, guess what happens in the east? You got it! A ridge builds again. Now where have we seen that before????
Yes, weather tends to repeat itself in a general sense. Short term and long term, so why not over decades? I believe it does. But I digress.
Uneventful weather through Friday. Then the fun begins. Pressing frontal system with lots of moisture. Will it move through quickly, or slowly? Will it feature a storm enhancing the rain? Will it split, sending front through, then a bigger storm later after cold air invades? Or does the front move through, and then everything else is suppressed to our south? Believe it or not, all solutions have some support in the models. Nothing like a little confusion to help ones confidence.
My Weather Points for the Next 7 Days:
- Cold: Sunday and Monday will feel like winter. Temps in the 30s for most of each day. Windy Sunday, calmer Monday. Chilly still Tue but temps trending upward.
- Sunshine: There should be lots of sunshine Sunday through Friday. Not every day will be 100% sunshine and blue skies. But a lot more sun than clouds. The only potential is for onshore moist flow for extra clouds Wed – Fri. I don’t expect a lot, but it is worth keeping an eye on.
- Moderation: Temps should rebound a few degrees each day starting Tue. So by Thu and Fri we should be back into the 50s. Would not be surprised to see a 60 degree reading by the end of the week.
- Travel Weather: No problems. Some showers over the weekend. But nothing to worry about.
- Returning Cold: The cold will return by next Sun. This could be the coldest air yet this fall.
Sunday: 42. Partly to mostly sunny. Windy and cold.
Monday: 40. Mostly sunny. Cold.
Tuesday: 45. Mostly sunny. Midler.
Wednesday: 50. Partly to mostly sunny. Milder.
Thursday: 54. Partly to mostly sunny. Happy Thanksgiving.
Friday: 57. Partly to mostly sunny. Mild. Becoming breezy.
Saturday: 55. Mostly cloudy. Showers arriving. Mild.
Sunday: 44. Much colder. Temps steady or falling slowly. Windy.