The only change was Sunday. I fear the cool air will hold tough. So I lowered the temps. It still should be a nice Easter though.
So what is causing this? Well, blame the pattern.
In the big picture, the main trough position for the next week should be in the central and western US. The east should be dominated by a building ridge for the most part, with brief shortwave troughs moving through, and the ridge rebounding almost immediately.
This will allow a path for 2 storm systems to track from the southern plains NE to SE Canada or just off the Maine coast. It looks like parts of the Central Plains will have a snowstorm sandwich with Easter in the middle. For us? Showers with a possible thunderstorm Fri and more widespread rain Mon.
On another topic, are we done with snow? I think so. We may see some flakes, but no accumulation, in my opinion.
The very mild March is, however, a bit concerning. Some things are ahead of schedule, and this could be an issue if buds burst forth and a freeze hits. It is still early and there is plenty of cold air floating around. Hopefully, this will not be a problem, but it is something to think about over the next 3 weeks.
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Warm: Today, Thu and into Friday. It warms up again Easter Sunday, and then again middle of next week.
- 70 here we come: Temps running to at least 70 degrees Thu.
- Big Disagreement: If you noticed my forecast is in major disagreement with many other for Friday. First it will be very mild Thu night, with temps near 60 all night. Then with a positive trough position, the cold air will struggle to make inroads until late Friday. It will not take much to boost temps up into the 60s.
- Showers/Storms: Weakening front will move through Friday with showers and a thunderstorm possible ahead of cold front.
- Cool then Warm then Chilly: Up and down we go: Saturday cooler, Sunday Warmer, Mon Cooler, Tue chilly, Wed warmer. Welcome to Spring!
- Rain: Mon looks quite wet at this time.
- Cold Air Coming? There are some strong signals for a real outbreak of cold air for the first week of April. This is what I am concerned about. Buds are growing. Hopefully not too far. For the coming cold, as in a freeze might lead to problems later.
Friday: 66. Mostly cloudy then partly sunny. Breezy. Showers/thunderstorm morning to midday.
Saturday: 54. Sun and clouds. Still mild.
Easter Sunday: 58. Sunshine then increasing clouds.
Monday: 56. Cloudy. Rain likely.
Tuesday: 46. Clearing. Blustery. Chilly.
Wednesday: 55. Sunshine. Milder.
Thursday: 64. Clouds increasing. Rain arriving late or at night.
Friday: 60. Breezy. Mild but getting colder.