Rain will be ending by noon. Some sun will break out and help showers and even thunderstorms to redevelop this afternoon/evening. Some heavy downpours are possible. So we get some bonus sunshine and temperatures into the 60's as a result.
It certainly is cooler! Got that right, and yesterday was nicer than I expected as the showers stayed off to our SE, but on the other side … today is not quite as nice as I thought it would be. Not too much sunshine, but a decent day. There is just too much moisture and too many disturbances around creating lots of clouds in the eastern US to make for clear skies right now.
A big trough is developing over the eastern US. This will slowly (resulting in the previous forecast being shift back about 18 hours) deepen and make for a wet end to the week: repeat of today Wed, rain Thu, and showers Fri. The trough lifts out for Sat, giving us a nice day, before another system rolls in for Sun and Memorial Day.
Speaking of Memorial Day … it looks ok. There could be a couple of showers or a thunderstorm. But some sunshine is likely also. Temperatures look seasonal to mild. But summer-like heat is not on the immediate horizon.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy; peeks of sun; chance for an early shower. Then rain developing overnight.
- Thursday: Cloudy; rain. Could be heavy at times. Cool and breezy.
- Friday: Mostly cloudy. Cool with gusty breeze at times; showers likely.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. Milder. Clouds increase late again.
- Sunday: Cloudy. Showers likely.
- Monday: Sun and clouds. Chance for a shower and thunderstorm. Warmer.
- Tuesday: Sun and clouds. Chance for showers. Seasonal.