- Fresh cold air coming into our area (very different than this week’s storm)
- Significant storm developing in the Gulf Coast states Late Mon/Tue.
- Lots of moisture available just like this week’s storm.
- Storm tracking along the east coast toward North Carolina.
- Track of storm: Continuing up the coast or off the Carolina coast.
- Track of storm: inland [giving us a repeat of last week’s storm] or further east [giving us snow.]
- Potential: This storm appears to have the ingredients to be a really big storm, but it could also be a relatively weak, disorganized one too ...
Please, DO NOT pay any attention to forecasts that give you accumulations of snow/rain/ice from more than 3 days out. No one knows the future. Only God knows what we will get.
PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE HYPE. The hype and sensationalism has been over the top these last couple of weeks. It is not a good trend. And it will likely do the same this coming weekend leading into next week.
Weather Points for Next 7 Days:
- Desire for Spring vs. Winter’s Refusal: Sat looks to be mild like early spring, but the cold air could be stubborn [just like this last storm where cold air stayed locked in areas just to our west], so the cold air may stay locked on Saturday, giving us a cool day instead. Forecast error is potentially large here.
- Rain Showers: Area of low pressure moving to our south Sun night to early Mon morning. This will bring some rain showers that could end as/mix with wet snow. No accumulation expected.
- Calm before the storm: Mon and Tue look seasonal with some partial sunshine.
- Major Winter Storm Wed: I say winter storm because snow/ice/rain is all possible at this time.
Upcoming 7 Days:
Friday: 34. Increasing clouds. Some spotty light snow/freezing rain possible late at night.
Saturday: 46. Clouds and sun. Mild. Breezy. (If cold air gets trapped its 38, error potential is large here)
Sunday: 46. Increasing clouds. Nighttime rain showers possibly mixed with wet snow.
Monday: 35. Decreasing clouds. Cooler.
Tuesday: 34. Increasing clouds. Snow developing overnight.
Wednesday: 32. Snow is likely. Chance ice/rain as well. Precipitation could be heavy at times.
Thursday: 28. Mostly cloudy. Snow showers possible. Cold.