1) A very impressive display of lightning, thunder, heavy rain, and wind yesterday. Lots of power outages. We were out for 12 hours. A tornado warning also. Lots of rain. But amazingly my backyard was spared the worst rain. We only got about 1.33" rain. I know many got a lot more than that.
2) A very bad temperature forecast for yesterday on my part. About 10 degrees ... terrible. At least I mentioned shower and/or thunderstorm chances. But 77 when it reached the middle 80's? Not good.
But we move on for today and the rest of the week.
- Today: lowering the temperatures and the chances for rain. The lead trough was much stronger than anticipated, thus leading to more storms yesterday, and stealing away the convergence to produce showers and storms with the actual cold front today.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Much cooler. Lots of sunshine. Nice breeze. Highs near 67 Tue and 70 Wed.
- Wed night: Warm front moves through with showers and a thunderstorm.
- Thursday: Warm. More humid. Near 80 or higher. Showers/storms likely in the evening/overnight. Some could be stronger/severe.
- Friday: Cooler. Much like Tue/Wed. As warm front advances overnight yet again.
- Saturday: Much like Thu with warmer, more humid conditions.
This pattern is going to be quite active. The boundary between cool and warm to very warm will bounce back and forth this week and next weekend. Over-all the warmth will win out for the week, as it will be a mild to warm week.
Enjoy your Monday.