- Preliminary snow will come in tonight and continue light to moderate through tomorrow evening. This should accumulate 4-6" of snow by 10 pm Monday night.
- Major storm develops along the NC/VA capes and deepens rapidly. The upper level low then captures the storm (best way to describe it) east of NJ. It then loops NW, S, then NE to just east of Cape Cod by Wed morning.
- During loop, the moisture with a strong low level jet and 700 mb low transport, snow will push back into eastern PA. This will occur Tuesday (midnight to midnight is good approximation).
- Light to moderate snow will continue into Tues. This will give us another 2-3". In the eastern part of our county, reports of 6-10" on Tue could easily happen. The line from heavy to light will be sharp.
- It will be growing much colder. Highs in the mid 20s Mon, low 20s Tue and Wed with strong gusty winds developing Tue and Wed. Night time lows will dip into the teens all three nights.
- New storm with light to moderate snow coming Thu evening - Friday morning. Cold will only deepen after that storm.
What could go wrong with forecast? Easy, the storm moves east 50 miles. That will wipe out those 2-3" for our local area. The storm could also come west another 50 miles, and hit us with 10"+ of snow. Not an easy forecast.
Ideas on other areas:
Local areas in NE NJ, SE NY may see over 36" of snow! Yes this is an epic or historic storm (at least it looks like it right now).