Accumulations: 8-12” (my first call)
Please remember that the storm is 48 hours or more away yet. So things can change esp. once you can see the storm developing. Right now the energy for it is crossing the Rocky Mountains. Here are some points I am confident about:
- Snow will not start until after midnight, early Sat morning.
- Snow will continue all day Saturday and end after midnight Sunday.
- Strong gusty winds will develop Friday night and peak Saturday out of the North and northeast. Blowing and drifting will be an issue in open areas.
- Heaviest snow accumulations will be to our south. But we should get some heavy snow.
Points to Remember:
- Storm has room to move a little further north. This would dramatically increase our snow amounts. It would not surprise me if it did.
- Storm may move due east more quickly. This would dramatically reduce our snow amounts. I would be surprised if it did.
Next update: Fri Morning early.