Cool and cloudy has summed up the last few days. This was expected, so no updates were needed. But now some improving weather before we wash, rinse, repeat next weekend, just in time for Mother’s Day …
The storm that has plagued us will remain to our NE, but clearing will develop and give us a chilly few nights and cool afternoons. There could be a shower Monday afternoon. Tuesday and Wed should be sun and clouds but remain dry.
A frontal boundary will try to move into our area Thu and Fri and produce a shower or two. Then a bigger storm develops for the weekend and brings a soaking rain for Sat/Sun. Some of the rain could be on the heavy side. It does not look like a pleasant Mother’s Day, in fact it looks very chilly, breezy, and wet. Poor moms you deserve better; not that the weather is a reflection on mom’s anyway.
This pattern of damp and chilly to sunny and cool will last until at least May 16. Once past then, things might change for the milder and drier. Until then, if you have any planting or transplanting of any kind of plant, this is a good time: cool and damp. Easy transition.
Note: Watch for light frost Mon and Tue mornings.
- Monday: Clouds and sunshine. Chance for brief shower. Cool.
- Tuesday: Sun and clouds. Cool.
- Wednesday: Sun and clouds. A little milder.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy to partly sunny. Chance for a shower.
- Friday: Mostly cloudy to partly sunny. Chance for a shower.
- Saturday: Cloudy. Rain likely. Cool.
- Sunday: Cloudy. Showers likely. Cool.