The next week will feature a cool down through this weekend peaking Monday/Tue nights, then warming some after that. It will feel like real winter, even with a few snow showers to make it look pretty. Not everyone will get them, but Sun evening when a strong impulse moves through, it could have some good snow showers with it. Behind it, will be some very chilly air. Starting Tue we will warm up, but nothing like we have been used to over the previous month. It will also be a much drier and calmer week too. The deep moisture will stay south through the mid-week period. That may change come next weekend. Big snow coming?
Basic Ingredients Needed for Big Snowstorm:
- Cold air supported by strong high pressure.
- Storm track to our south.
- Deep moisture source.
- Blocking to keep cold air in place and to slow storm.
Of the above 2 and 3 look like a lock for around next weekend. 1 and 4 are the question marks. Potential is there. But then again, no one every shovels potential. So we will wait and see …
My Weather Points for the Next 7 Days:
- Rain: Very little to none! Yea. We’ve had close to 4” over the last 2 weeks so we could use the break.
- Sunshine: Partial sun Fri, Sat, Sun. Lots of sun Mon, Tue and into Wed. Enjoy!
- Cold: Winter like cold this weekend. Not super cold, but chilly.
- Milder: Mid-week temps rise into the 40s.
New Year’s Eve: 44. Mostly cloudy. Possible shower early. Clearing late.
New Year’s Day: 38. Mostly sunny. Relatively cold. Flurries/late snow shower possible.
Saturday: 36. Partly sunny. Chilly. Flurries.
Sunday: 37. Partly sunny. Late snow shower possible. Colder overnight.
Monday: 30. Mostly sunny. Much colder. Breezy.
Tuesday: 26. Sunny. Cold.
Wednesday: 36. Mostly sunny. Chilly but milder.