Lots of sunshine also means cold mornings. Tue morning temps will be around 10 degrees, with low teens Wed morning. Coldest since last winter.
The pattern now continues to settle in. It is delivering a shot of cold, then it pulls back before taking full control next week. Two or three storms will impact us Sat – Tue. (See pics above for illustration)
- Sat system into Midwest. Possible weak coastal low enhances precipitation and securing colder air. Rain is most likely.
- Second system develops Sun and move off shore or up the coast. This could bring snow if cold air in place. Tough call on this one. Depends of how it interacts with upper level low in Midwest.
- Third system comes along around late Mon –Tue. This is mostly likely snow. But how strong will it be?
Over-all details are sketchy for all of them at this time. But it will be stormy.
What is looking certain is the surge of arctic air across much of the nation after these series of storms. This will encompass almost all of the nation by the end of next week. But that is beyond 7 days. Our focus for now is this week.
My Weather Points for the Next 7 Days:
- Rain: Best chance is Saturday as first system moves into the Midwest.
- Snow: Wet snow could happen with first system; some snow is likely with 2nd system if storm stays more off shore, and snow is also likely with 3rd system.
- Sunshine: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu and Fri. Enjoy!
- Cold: Very cold Mon into Wed. Moderating Wed – Fri. It will be getting colder over the weekend again.
Monday: 28. Mostly sunny. Colder. Windy.
Tuesday: 26. Sunny. Cold.
Wednesday: 36. Mostly sunny. Milder.
Thursday: 40. Mostly sunny. Seasonal.
Friday: 38. Sunny then increasing clouds. Rain developing at night.
Saturday: 37. Cloudy. Rain ending.
Sunday: 40. Mostly cloudy. Rain/wet snow possible.
Monday: 35. Increasing clouds.