Bill Review: We got 2.5” here in my gauge, and 1.82” reported officially out of Pine Grove, about 2" out of Ft Indiantown Gap. So the forecast worked out pretty good here. But Bill under performed in the eastern areas from Reading through NYC. There was some rain, yes. But mostly under 1”. But now, it’s on to this week.
Again this week there will be some pretty tough forecasts that will need to be made. Here are the issues that must be determined this week:
1. Dry Mon into Tue. Yeah!
2. Heat ridge tries to build into our area briefly Tue providing hot temperatures that under normal conditions would push us to 90 or above, but with the ground so wet, that is unlikely.
3. Chance of showers/storms on Tue. The potential is there for some pretty severe storms. But will they form?
4. Dry Wed. Yeah!
5. Storm with showers/storms Thu/Fri. Could be heavy? Will it stay to our south?
6. Major storm looks to form over the weekend bringing the potential for heavy amounts of rain, and very cool conditions, esp Sunday. But the million dollar question: Will it form of are the models overdoing it?
7. Week leading to the 4th of July will NOT be hot. It will be relatively cool.
Monday: 87. Mostly sunny. Pleasant.
Tuesday: 88. Mostly sunny. Much more humid. Breezy. Chance for showers or strong storms.
Wednesday: 82. Mostly sunny. Pleasant.
Thursday: 79. Increasing clouds. Showers and/or rain arriving. Heaviest south.
Friday: 78. Showers ending. Cooler with clearing skies.
Saturday: 77. Pleasant to start. Sunny with clouds increasing. Rain/shower/storms arriving late. Heavy rain possible at night.
Sunday: 72. Mostly cloudy. Showers/rain ending. Cool.
Pastor Terry. He received his bachelors degree in Meteorology from the State University of New York at Oneonta, in 1994. The education continued as a hobby by reading the blogs of some of the best forecasters in the business. Although forceasting the weather is an imperfect science, it is a pleasure to follow what the Creator has made.