Of course I missed forecasting the thunderstorms. Main reason was that I was not convinced that we would break into the warm air prior to the front passing. It was close. Please note that the severe weather ended just to our south with this line. And the thunder/lightning diminished rapidly to our north too. The stable cold air hindered the storms. But we did break into the warm air here so the storms were pretty impressive: Torrential downpours, strong winds, and lots of lightning. It would do summertime proud. Sure signs of getting closer to spring.
And a taste of spring we will get. Nice tranquil days from Saturday through Tuesday with more sun than clouds with mild temps. Not perfect, but pretty nice early spring-like weather.
So is winter over?
Well, all I have to say is that March is coming. It can be very warm. It can be very cold. It can do both in the same week. It can rain. It can blow. It can snow. It can do all 3 in the same week. March can be wild. I do think it will snow some, but the over-all idea is that sustained winter weather is likely done (5 or more straight days of cold along with some snow). Do expect more wild swings in temperatures and continued wetness.
Points for Next 7 Days:
- Chilly: Friday into Saturday. Sun and clouds. Flurries Fri.
- Unsettled: Couple rain showers possible Sun night.
- Mild: Sun – Tue: M. sunny Sunday, sun and clouds Mon – Tue with temps in the 50s. Nice!
- Another Soaking? Midweek storm look to bring between about ¾” of rain Wed. There could be some thunder as well. A weaker version of what we just had.
- Colder: Longer lasting cold looks to arrive next Thu and through the following weekend.
- Snow: Have to keep an eye on a late Fri/Sat system in the first weekend of March. Pretty confident it will be mainly snow unless it is pushed far to our south.
Friday: 36. Sunshine and clouds. Flurries. Colder. Breezy at times.
Saturday: 42. Sun and clouds.
Sunday: 54. Mostly cloudy to partly sunny. Milder. Rain showers overnight.
Monday: 51. Sun and clouds. Mild.
Tuesday: 56. Sun and clouds. Mild.
Wednesday: 53. Cloudy. Period of rain arriving. Perhaps a thunderstorm.
Thursday: 40. Cloudy. Flurries. Breezy. Colder.
Friday: 34. Increasing clouds. Cold. Chance snow late and overnight.