Summer preview is now over. Hope you enjoyed it, as cooler weather is here for the next week or more.
I must confess that the temperatures did rise higher than I thought they would for Wed – Fri. This was mainly due to my underestimating the mixing of the atmosphere. This produces at times breezy conditions, lowers the humidity and the temperature then jumps up several degrees. It happened all three days in many places. But I take some solace in that very few forecasters caught the extent of it, and it’s not like the forecast was off by that much anyway.
Now we have a cold a front that has moved through and a large high pressure area will shove cool air into our region for Sat and Sun. However, an upper level disturbance is moving through this morning (unpredicted by all models and forecasts until last night … oops). So, today will be cloudy with a few showers this morning.
A warm front will try to move north late Sunday, but it will probably dissipate or redevelop to our north Sun night. A shower is possible, but it should stay dry until after sunset Sunday.
Monday a cold front with strong storm (one giving Denver a snowstorm … yes that it correct), will bring numerous showers with some thunderstorms possible as well. A pleasant day expected Tuesday, with more rain for Wed and Thu. This could be a soaking to heavy rain.
It will be cool behind this midweek system, but a warming trend may begin as we head into the Memorial Day weekend. How much warming? That is a question yet to be answered. I am skeptical of significant warming, however, the core of the coolest air should remain to our west, as the theme for the summer becomes more obvious: warm west coast, cool interior, and warm east coast.
- Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Cooler. Some peeks of sun possible after morning showers.
- Sunday: Some partial sun possible. Slight chance for a shower. Cool.
- Monday: Mostly cloudy to partly sunny. Showers and thunderstorms likely.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, pleasant. Breezy. Clouds return overnight.
- Wednesday: Cloudy with rain developing. Could be heavy at times.
- Thursday: Cloudy with showers. Cool and breezy.
- Friday: Sun and clouds. Cool with gusty breeze at times.